If you want something to eat, you have to put on your pajamas, Arthur.
Just kidding. I hope you like Dexter, because it’s COMING BACK 30 SEPTEMBER!
3 walls (out of 8) are screwed
I don’t quite know how I’m going to erect the walls once I’m ready to put them up, but I’ve started building them nonetheless. Jess and I made some final decisions about the size of the bathroom, so I adjusted the SketchUp file accordingly. I then went out and pre-cut all the lumber, to be ready to be assembled the next day. Only a few of the pieces were twisted and warped, so only about 3 had to be re-cut.
I’ll be putting the three walls I’ve already done up on Monday, then I’ll start constructing the three walls that belong on the other side of the house. My goal is to have all of the walls up by the time the windows/door get here. I think they will arrive around this coming Friday. I can do it! Here’s some Tiny House porn for you.
- Pre-cutting your wall studs might lead to them warping. I can’t prove this, but it happened, and the non-cut 2x4x8’s I have are still not warped.
- Per note 1, cut your wood the same day you’re going to frame it.
- Use screws, not nails. Easier to remove if you make a mistake, and they hold things together better.
- Once again, it doesn’t have to be perfect.
- I learned how to frame a window (and door) here.